As of 2011, it was found that 418 people were sleeping rough in the area of Woolloomooloo, 90 of which were sleeping on the street whilst the remainder relied on public dwellings.
According to these statistics, 328 slept in supported accommodation and boarding houses situated in this area.
General Statistics (Based on 2011 census) |
- 105 000 people homeless living in Australia in 2011 + 17850(17%) = 122850
- 17% increase of homelessness since 2011 in 5 years (Increase to 122850 people)
- 6% of homeless people live in parks
- 17300 people waiting for permanent public accommodation in whole country
- 10 people found living in a Woolloomooloo park as of 2013
Types of accommodation for the homeless:
- Supported accommodation
- Boarding houses
- Homeless and staying temporarily in other households
- Improvised dwellings, tents or sleeping out
The chosen data focuses on the supported accommodation and boarding houses in Woolloomooloo.
Housing locations in Woolloomooloo and surrounding areas include:
- Matthew Talbot Hostel | 22 Talbot Pl, Woolloomooloo NSW, 2011
- Homelessness NSW | 99 Forbes Street, Woolloomooloo NSW, 2011
- Tierney House | 2 Ice Street, Darlinghurst NSW, 2010
- Haymarket Foundation Clinic for The Homeless | 165B Palmer St, East Sydney, NSW, 2010
- Edward Eager Lodge | 348A Bourke St, Surry Hills NSW, 2010
- Foster House | 5-19 Mary Street, Surry Hills NSW, 2010
- Francis Street Youth Housing | 2-6 Francis St, Darlinghurst NSW, 2010
- Aboriginal Homeless People | 118 Victoria St, Ashfield NSW, 2131
- Mission Australia Fairlight Centre | 9 Fairlight St Manly NSW, 2095